Editing update for Wild Card
I have now finished the structural edits for Part 3. I had intended to cut the length down by 10%, but whatever I cut seemed to sneak back in different places, so this section of the book is still around 54k words.
My most difficult-to-please beta reader has read up to the end of Part 3 and her verdict is: ‘best of the series’.
That was the good news.
Less good news, I still have to edit Part 4 (quite a lot of work), and both the editor and I need a final read through. I said Christmas for publication, and that might mean Christmas Eve! I should be sure by the weekend and will do another of these mini-posts, with the cover page.